How was it performed (which technique)? If it was performed transrectally then you would code 76872, if it's transabdominally (pelvic) then you would code it 76857 (76856 if bladder and seminal vessels (if visualized) is imaged in addition to the prostate), etc.
If you're new to u/s coding then I would suggest purchasing the ACR U/S Coding guide to assist you. It answers MANY questions and is a great reference!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join