97150 is not time based. You can only use 1 unit per person per day, whether they are there for 15 min or 60 min. Each person in the group is charged 97150 once each day the group therapy takes place. You do have to have at least 2 people at the same time doing some type of therapy that involves skilled intervention but they don't necessarily have to be doing the same thing. So if one person is getting estim while the other is working with therabands you do not have a group.
I no longer have therapy practices but I did research this code in 2008 and the commercial carriers covered it. This was in Ohio and West Virginia.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join