Personally, I think you have 63030 supported with this statement....
Decompressive laminectomy and decompressive bilateral foraminotomies were performed by doing subtotal facetectomies at L4-5 and L5-S1 bilaterally removing bone material. There was extensive facet arthrosis and hypertrophy. The bone was carefully cleaned of all soft tissue and morselized and used as bone graft material. Not much in the way of central canal stenosis. There was significant foraminal stenosis of both levels. Foraminotomies were performed by following each of the nerve roots out onto their corresponding neuroforamina on order to ensure complete decompression of that nerve root
63030/63047 can be reported when the surgeon removes posterior osteophytes and decompresses the spinal cord/ nerve roots, which requires work in excess of that normally performed when doing a posterior lumbar interbody fusion.
Have you requested a second review? May I ask what carrier?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join