I am not good at coding spinal procedures and was hoping someone could help me with one. I can't post the whole op report but I can post what the physician states he performed.
1. Reoperative exposure from L5 to S3 with sacral laminectoy revision.
2. Dissection of sacral nerve roots.
3. Assessment of sacral nerve root function with intraoperative electrophysiologic monitoring.
4. Reoperative treatment of sacral meningeal diverticulum
5. Wrapping of the right S3 nerve root.
6. Wrapping of the left S2 nerve root.
7. Dorsal sacral reconstruction with resorbable plating.
8. Use of intraoperative miscroscope.
The physician is coding it as 64999, 64999, & 69990 and that just doesn't seem right to me. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join