You are correct in stating that anything you find -e.g. overpayments, underpayments, incorrect payements from the payer must refunded. This goes for patient payments as well when a true patient credit is discovered.
This is the appropriate corrective measure for "return of funds to carrier". Failure to disclose overpayments within 90 days of discovery can result in the government alleging a knowing and willful attempt at concealing the overpayment. This is considered a criminal violation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join