Both of these codes are used for the removal of calculus from the ureter
52352 is used for manipulation and removal of calculus and 52353 is used for the removal of calculus via lithotripsy. You could apply modifier 59 due to one of the procedures being performed in a different site. since neither if these are described as being a (seperate or add on procedure) that would be the only way that you would be able to append modifier 59. If you would look in your CPT manual under Appendix A You can read the description on modifier 59.
Alonna Owens, cpc-h
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join