If you would look in your, Cpt manual Under Appendix A under modifier 53 it will explain how it is used but since the Dr. started anesthesia and (lidocaine was administered I would think that modifier 74 would be more appropriate. You would need to apply V64.3 for procedure not carried out for other reasons in order to get the proper reimbursement .
Alonna Owens, CPC-H
Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join