If you would look in Your CPT Manual under Appendix A I will give a description of all the Asc and physician modifiers. I am thinking that you would need to use modifier 73 for cancellation or termination of a procedure due to elective reasons either by the patient or the physician. If you would read the description under modifier 53 it will explain this to you. To get proper reimbursement for this you would need to code the CPT portion of this procedure followed by applying modifier 73. Since the patient decided not to have surgery you would need to addply V64.2 for (surgery/procedure not carried out dur to patient's decision). I think if you use this you will recieve the partial reimbursement.
Alonna Owens, CPC-H
Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare(email@example.com)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join