I was told that it is very hard for ER to get level 4...but the problem is I'm seeing a lot of level 4 encounters...I keep reading it and reading it and still comes out a 4...they have detailed history, detail exam (at least 2 elements checked in 6 or more systems) and a new problem with a prescription...I'm so hesitant to give it a 4 for something simple as a back pain or URI but if it's all there...very perplexed.
Also, on the MDM and under the DX points, for ER majority of these are New problem which automatically calculates into moderate and throw in the prescription and for 2 out of 3 in MDM it meets moderate so they get 99284 for MDM. If anyone can give me any pointers it will be greatly appreciated.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join