Well, this is just off the top of my head ... but you mention "follow-up" visits ... could these be part of the post-operative care?
I'm in a pediatric practice, so Medicaid is the government payer we see most frequently ... but I'm in Wisconsin, not Virginia. Our allied health professionals are all separately credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and their services are billed out - and paid - under their own names (unless truly incident to). But obviously, if a PA is doing the post-operative check it's coded as 99024 (even though it may have been the surgeon who performed the operation).
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join