I agree with moderate MDM. The new diagnosis without workup gives 3 points in diag section, there is nothing in data, in the table of risk I would credit prescription drug management.
The information you provided is very limited - if the patient has another issue that would also be addressed by your provider, or if you doc requests a consult from a specialist then there might be another point for diags.
If your doc elaborates that s/he wants to have thorough checks while the patient is on blood thinners because they pose toxicity to this patient, then it might be high in the table of risk.
In your case moderate is appropriate in my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join