Plain English Description for 26010-26011 according to Plain English Descriptions for Procedures published by Contexo states "The physician drains an abscess from one of the fingers. The physician makes an incision into the infected area and manipulates the abscess to drain it. Code 26011 for an abscess that penetrates deep into the soft tissue of the finger, and requires more extensive work to remove the fluid and clean the wound".
Doesn't appear to have anything to do with bone...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join