Kenalog injections for keloids

Default Kenalog injections for keloids
    Medical Coding Books
    Dr has been injecting Kenalog to lesions after removal of keloids. This is usually not a planned procedure, but as needed. This is usually during the global period. I say this should not be charged, but he feels that it is not a planned procedure and should be charged. Please give me your input on this charge of J3301

Quote Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
    Dr has been injecting Kenalog to lesions after removal of keloids. This is usually not a planned procedure, but as needed. This is usually during the global period. I say this should not be charged, but he feels that it is not a planned procedure and should be charged. Please give me your input on this charge of J3301
    Are you coding for the facility or physician ? Because we use 11900 for keloid injections.

3. Default
    We use 11900 (injection) and J3301 (Kenalog). If this is a staged procedure couldn't you use a 58 modifier and see if they pay?

4. Default
    Any new thoughts on this?

Similar Threads

1. Kenalog
    By suepeck in forum Dermatology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 11:23 AM
  2. EGD w/ esoph dilation & kenalog injections
    By plynn in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM
  3. How to code Kenalog injections