Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help!! I'm a newbie!

Red face
    Exam Training Packages
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie6 View Post
    Sonjagirl-your words are discouraging. I completely understand your dilemma-My husband has been laid off the last 3 weeks and it is no joke. I chose this field because of all the hype about healthcare~Hopefully something will turn around soon.
    I'm sorry but I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just being honest. It's a challenge to get a position as a coder.

Angry
    i feel jipped after paying over $12000 for a seven month course in coding at a career college i finally have a job as a coder the problem is it pays peanuts seriously there was all kind of hype at school about coders making big money i make a dollar more than i made flippin burgers!!!!

I a sorry about the pay for your job, however you must remember that sometimes what you are willing to do or not do will determine your compensation, and everyone has to start at the bottom to get the experience. For instance I travel all over the States, I am in a different state every week and a different city every day, but I make a really great pay check for it. I have also been in the business since 1974. What I am getting at is you have to start at the bottom but you can grow in this job and do things with it you could never even hope to do flipping burgers. The only constraint on your pay check ultimately is you!

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Quote Originally Posted by jemk View Post
    I am getting sooo frustrated because all the jobs available want certified, experienced coders!!! I just finished a course in Medical Coding/Billing in Dec. 08 & I'm not yet certified. I was hoping to get a little experience before taking the exam, but I guess that's not going to happen, & I haven't found any X-tern positions close to my area. I want to work from home. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks.
    what area are you from?

Now that is what I call an encouraging post!!! Unfortunately for me, I do not have 25 years ahead to build up such an admirable background, yet if I had to start over and could do it at a younger age (I'm 60) would be willing to start at the bottom. As it stands, I'm hoping to have another ten years in the business to work hard and grow professionally even if my aspirations are not to climb the ranks. Just want to be the best I can be in the position I now occupy. Thank you, Debra, for that encouraging note. You give the younger coders hope! Suzanne E. Byrum, CPC-A

Default job
    Quote Originally Posted by jemk View Post
    I am getting sooo frustrated because all the jobs available want certified, experienced coders!!! I just finished a course in Medical Coding/Billing in Dec. 08 & I'm not yet certified. I was hoping to get a little experience before taking the exam, but I guess that's not going to happen, & I haven't found any X-tern positions close to my area. I want to work from home. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks.
    all jobs are being outsourced to india write your president!!
    ceba

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12