I've got a question regarding the PC/TC billing for ED Visits. Our Professional (PC) portion of the ED visits is outsourced, so our hospital is only reporting for the Technical side (TC). Recently I've seen a spike in the use of Critical Care (99291) and I'm now also beginning to see denials stating that 99291 is for the professional component only. Any suggestions? Our codeers follow the ACEP guidlines, but I'm wondering if they are not meant for professional coding only?
Are there guidelines for the facility side? Any help is appreciated -Thank you
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join