I would suggest you do some research on the type of services you want to audit. There are a lot of companies, mostly billing companies, that offer "chart auditing" services. Their prices are all over the place.
I have a quotes from 2 different companies that charges $100 per surgical case or E/M service audited.
I have another that is $50 per E/M and $65 per surgical case.
I have one company that charges $12 an encounter regardless of what specialty or what the service was. Meaning if it is a no charge surgery follow-up and they look at it you still pay $12.
Another one is priced per day of stay in the hospital. I think the base was $7.50 for 1-10 days and then it went up day to day but we never utilized this so I don't recall.
I will say that even though you may be paying more for some of the serivces doesn't mean you get more. Of the above companies listed the one that charges $50-65 is the only one that I trust.
Hope this was somewhat helpful,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join