Can we code the below procedure with 32998 & 77013?
CT guided radiofrequency tissue ablation:
A large mass was demonstrated in the right lower
lobe. Using CT guidance, an 18 gauge needle was placed into the mass. A
small amount of serous fluid was aspirated.
Using CT guidance, a 5 cm radiofrequency probe was placed into the
lesion. Radiofrequency ablation was performed. Adequate impedance was
not achieved. However, post-procedure, there is slight swelling of the
lesion suggestive of most likely a small amount of hemorrhage within it.
A minimal amount of air is seen within the lesion suggestive of necrosis.
IMPRESSION: Radiofrequency ablation at 2 sites of a large mass in the
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join