Patient admitted for left heart cath and requires stent.(92980) All done in cath lab with joint ownership by hospital and clinic (Dr employed by clinic). Patient required for overnight stay in hospital and status is observation. Who bills for stent placement, Dr or hospital? Being told if patient is observation status and has stent placement, the hospital bills for stent placement. This doesn't make sense to me since there are no 26 or TC modifier with the stent code and the physician is doing the work. Please help!!!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join