Hi Southsore08, I think you and I are coding for the same case but only I'm coding for anesthesia, I found code 62256 with Encoder description:
"The physician removes a complete cerebrospinal fluid shunt system without replacement in 62256. The physician incises and retracts the scalp over the placement origin. The dura is incised, and the shunt is located and removed. The dura is sutured closed; the scalp is reapproximated and sutured in layers. Report 62256 if the shunt system is only removed. Report 62258 if the shunt system is replaced during the same operation."
By what the report says I think this code description matches the procedure, what do you think?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join