ICD-10 Specialty

Question ICD-10 Specialty
    Exam Training Packages
    I realize we will have to take another test to renew our CPC for ICD-10, but does anyone know if we will have to restest for our specialty credentials also?

Wink
    here is the link that gives you the information http://www.aapc.com/ICD-10/faq.aspx#implemented

I guess my question is more about people with multiple credentials. (personally I am a CPC, CPC-I, CPC-H and GSRG) So I will have to retake all four tests in order to keep all four credentials?

4. Default
    My understanding was that we did NOT have to be recredentialed, but are only required to take the test on the ICD-10. If we pass the ICD-10 test, I think our already existing certifications stay in effect. Am I wrong about that?

5. Default
    My understanding is we are only being tested on the ICD10 portion to update our credentials already in effect so i agree with you...

My understanding is as follows:

If you have your core credential you will take the ICD-10-CM exam to maintain your credential. For those of us that are multi credentialed we will only have to take the ONE exam.

If your credential is ONLY one of the specialty credentials (i.e. CEMC) then there will be a ICD-10-CM exam to maintain that credential.

I hope that helps.
    Susan Ward, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CEMC, CPCD, CPRC
    AAPC ICD-10 Expert Trainer
    susanwardcpc@live.com

A small act of kindness a day can make someone's day special

That's what I figured, but just couldn't find anything specific.
    Thanks all!