Hello, my name is Sharon Wassmann and I am recently certified as a CPC with apprentice status. i have many years experience in the veterinary medical professional and I am looking to transition to human medicine as a coder. I excelled in my class work and the national certification testing.

I am a dedicated, confident and organized individual that brings a vast amount of medical background to medical coding. I will use my skills to benefit the medical provider and their patients.

May 2009- present CPS Recovery and Development Fraser MI
Medical Records Utilization Support Staff

·Manages current case files and files under billing review

2002-present Animal Emergency Center Novi MI
Licensed Veterinary Technician
·Performed all general Veterinary Technician duties. In addition, created and implemented an inventory tracking system, presented an extensive cost analysis resulting in 15% decrease in total budget. Reviewed patient records ensuring accuracy in billing procedures.

1997-2002 Henry Ford Hospital Detroit MI
1992-1996 Henry Ford Hospital Detroit MI
Senior Bioresources Technologist

·Performed all general Veterinary Technician duties and supported the daily operation of the animal facilities.
·Assisted the facility management team with supply procurement, generating budgets and cost analysis. Ensured compliance with government regulatory agencies and facility accreditation. Created policies and wrote SOP manuals.
·Maintained computer records, monthly billing and protocol information.

1996-1997 Animal Cancer Imaging Center St. Clair Shores MI
Licensed Veterinary Technician
·Performed all general Veterinary Technician duties with an introduction to office duties such as billing, ordering and scheduling.

Feb - June 2009 TechniMed Sterling Heights MI
Certified Professional Coder
·AAPC Medical Coding Class completed 5/18/09
·CPC Certification May 2009

1985-1987 Michigan State University East Lansing MI
Veterinary Technician Program
·Certificate from the Agricultural Technology School in Veterinary Technology.
·Licensed in Veterinary Technology through the State of Michigan from June 1987 through the present.

Participation in league bowling, as well as interests in gardening, crafts and learning American Sign Language.

Available upon request

16128 Martin Rd. Roseville MI 48066 Phone 586-484-7432
Email kent716@wideopenwest.com