Here is the difference:
G0101 Cervical or vaginal cancer screening; pelvic and clinical breast examination (This is the actual physical exam)
Q0091 Screening Papanicolaou smear; obtaining, preparing and conveyance of cervical or vaginal smear to laboratory (This is the actual collection of the pap smear specimen)
The G0101 exam can be billed if the pap is or is not performed. The Q0091 is for the physicians work of actually collecting the pap smear. Is Health Plus a Medicaid program? As for the question why, some companies that don't pay for "routine physicals" may have opted to follow Medicare type rules to pay for this very important exam and test. There are some BCBS plans that don't cover routine physicals, but they instead use a group of S codes to report the same elements of a pap and pelvic.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join