The code states 2nd through 14 each and then it says list separately. I never bill with units and in fact have experienced others receiving rejections for units out range when they did. Each lesion destroyed was a unique and separate location so each one deserves separate consideration for payment. Therefoe I list each one on a separate line item. I do use the 59 modifier for the 2nd and subsequent 17003 so they do not edit out as a duplicate. you do not use a 51 as these are add on codes. I have always been rewarded with prompt and optimal payment when the dx code was correct.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join