I bill for wound care it is not for a nursing facility but, my dr's goes to the wound care center and see's patients there and we do the charges. When he see's a patient as a new patient or a consultation visit and does a debridement also, I use the 25 modifier code on the E/M code. If they do more than one debridement then I use the 51 modifier on the second debridement.
Hope this helps, I don't know if it is differant for nursing facility care or not.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join