I need help coding "Open suprapubic tube placement"
Operative report states:
The Foley catheter was removed, and cystoscopy was performed.
The cysto was removed after the bladder was filled.
(He then performed the following)
The Urologist made an incision overlaying the bladder and carried it down through the subcutaneous tissue. He entered the space of Retzius. He did this with blunt dissection.
Once this was done he identified the bladder. He then place a Lowsley tractor through the urethra into the bladder and incised over it with a knife. He placed the Foley catheter under direct visualization and then confirmed with cystoscopy. It was sutured in place to prevent migration and the balloon was inflated.The wound was closed in multiple areas
Would you code this as 51045?? With Cysto 52000???
Thanks for any input.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join