ASC vs Physician coding

Default ASC vs Physician coding
    Exam Training Packages
    Could someone please let me know that the ASC coding & the Physician coding should be exactly same on the same patient on the same scenario or not ? Please help.

Thanks

Yes, in a perfect world that would be the ideal situation, except for some modifiers. If you have 2 different coders, it might not be the case, it should be though. I often talk to the physicians coders on difficult cases, to make sure we have the same.

I agree with martn, I also do the same thing
    Stephanie Phillips, CPC-H
    sphillips@orhmi.com

I agree with Martn as well. There are also some situations when the codes are different. (IE 29881 w/29877, the physician would bill 29881 w/ g0289). There will also be codes that can be captured on the ASC side but not on physician (ie implants).
    Mary, CPC, CANPC, COSC

Smile Thanks So Much
    Thanks a lot everyone !!! I really appreciate your help.

I do GI coding. I do both ASC and Physician simultaneouly. I always did both exactly same except ofcourse like you said with some change of modifiers. I just wanted to make sure that the cpt and icd 9 should always be the same
    or not according to the guidelines. Could you let me know some resources on the web please ?

Thanks again...

There is a good article to this regard in the May 2008 issue of the coding edge margazine.

Default Thanks again..
    I remember there was an article about that, but forgot which coding magazine that was ! I got it. Thanks so much for letting me know.

Thanks once again...