I work for a multi-specialty cardiology group that has a "vein clinic" operated by our vascular surgeons. It is not an IDTF. We bill globally [we own the diagnostic testing equipment] using our group NPI. No problems with Medicare or commercial payers.
I can provide more information but it would lengthy. If you want, you may call at 405 608 1207 or send a private response and I can take some time to respond.
I agree with you, you don't need to be an IDTF and in fact, probably do not meet the requirements to be classified as such. Your carrier should have "rules" on becoming an IDTF and your state may also have regulations that apply.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join