code 763.0 is for breech delivery and extraction of newborn. Is the doctor ordering the hip xray to determine if the baby has dislocation of hips? Usually the gluteal fold is a sign of this... if this is the case you could use the screening dislocation of hips V82.3. I have found after questioning the MD this is actually what they are doing.
I will then code the V82.3 as the first diag with the 763.0 as the second.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join