AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Central Venous Line Placement

AAPC: Back to School
    I hate to disagree with you but there should not be any S&I billed with this procedure. 77001 is Fluro guidance for central venous access. This op note states ultrasound guidance. You can not use 76937 because it specifies that you need to have a permanant record and documentation on the findings.

Thumbs up

I would love that list too, but can I just request you posting it on here so you don't have to fax it to a ton of people?! If you prefer faxing it then my number is 623-399-8675. Thanks a bunch

Would you send me a copy as well of that cheat sheet? 904-645-5856 attention Krystal Bennett or email me it @ kbennett@rtsx.com

Thank you

Could you please send me a copy as well? Fax is 509-473-4992

White Plains, NY

What a great idea - please send me the tool as well? Fax 914-478-5055. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mklaubauf View Post
    Hi Denise,
    Would you mind if you fax me that tool also. My fax # 920-746-1072. Thank you so much

Also, may I ask you a separate question
    When your physicians remove a perforated appendix and have to remove some of the cecum as well, do you code both 44960 & 44160? They do not bump up against each other in CCI edits.
    Thank you again,
    Marci Klaubauf, CPC
    No you would not code for both. I would have to read the op note. If part of the terminal ileum was removed, then you would use 44160. If not, then you would use 44160. However, this code states partial colectomy with anastomosis and if one was not done (as with the procedure you suggest) you may have to use a 52 modifier. Might just be easier to code for the appendectomy with a 22 modifier. Thoughts anyone?

Would love a copy of your sheet faxed to 865-380-9906. Thanks

Your report makes mention of ultrasound (76937) being used rather than flouroscopy (77001) so the use of 77001 -26 does not apply here unless flouroscopy was used. Your ultrasound (76937) cannot be billed here either as your report makes no mention that they were looking at "Vein patency". Unless they mention vein patency and have documentation for support, ultrasound is not included.

Your Dx for hypotension would be 458.9.

You determine tunneled vs. non-tunneled by the wording in the report. The physician usually makes mention in their report that they ran the leads through a tunnel. You will see this type of thing where they will run them to a port.

Your report above would code out as 36556 and 458.9.

Hope this helps.

Wink Tool

Would love that tool as well!

Default Coding - Central Line Placement

Can you please send me this information - Fax 214.687.9370

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast