hi you did not mention the type of cyst.
Just see the solution blow if the cyst is Nabothian cyst.
No code exists for this type of cyst. Carriers won't reimburse for this cyst because carriers consider it to be a minor condition that does not require any significant work to remove or incise and is therefore just part of the E/M service.
And many payers do not reimburse ob-gyns for removing this type of cyst without documentation showing significant work. These cysts are very common, and most patients are unaware they have them until their ob-gyn performs a Pap smear and the results point it out. The best advice is to roll it into the E/M service. If your ob-gyn insists on billing, you should use unlisted-procedure code 58999 (Unlisted procedure, female genital system [nonobstetrical]).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join