"The AMA indicates that if multiple techniques are used on different lesions or polyps then the procedure report should specifically describe the technique, the type of lesion and the location of the lesion...each code should be reported only once even if multiple sites are treated with the same technique. If different techniques are used on separate sites then the code with the highest value should be listed first on the claim. Other codes should be listed with modifier '59' to identify that the services was performed at a separate site."
Hope this helps!!!,,,,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join