I just took my CPC exam, but I'll give it a shot...
One question...why did the first doctor stop?
On the surface, I'd say MCR is balking on doc 1's -26 modifier. Also, looks like the cath should be a one-doc procedure.
With that in mind, I might think this way:
Doc 1: 93510-53 (discontinued procedure)
Doc 2: 93510-77 (repeat procedure by different physician), 93543, 93545, 93555-26, 93556-26
Like I said, just a shot, but if someone has a better solution, I could use the education...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join