I am hoping someone will have experience with this topic.
Up until recently we had a contract with a group of specialists to come to our facility and see patients one day a month. We had been paying them a flat rate and billing insurances for their services.
We would like to stop doing this and have the specialist do their own professional billing and we would just bill for the facility piece.
I don't see a problem with this set up. We would no longer pay them, they would be responsible for their own documentation, billing and collection. We would provide support staff and bill the patients insurance accordingly for our services.
If anyone is currently doing this or has some feedback about it, I would greatly appreciate it.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join