I agree with the codes you came up with: "49561-22
15734 x 3? (I know muscle flaps can be billed RT & LT but this doesn't account for the fasciotaneous flap...)
This is how I would bill it. There seems to be alot of questions going around lately about if we can bill for more than one hernia repair during the same operative session. I have read on a previous posting that you can bill for each hernia, but you probably will have to send documentation and fight for it. Or you can stick with the modifier 22 and send documentation anyways.
Any other coders want to weigh in?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join