Yes I just found out I am having this problem with a new provider. He is using Praxis.
Ex: "Procedures Removal of skin tags, up to and including 15 lesions"
I will be talking to him asap about this.
I found one thing on CMS that is specific to trigger point injections.
â€śPolicy Number 14.20000 - Misuse of Column 2 Code with Column 1 Code - For example, CPT code 20550 (â€śInjection, tendon sheath, ligament, trigger point or ganglion cystâ€ť) is intended to describe a therapeutic musculoskeletal injection. It would represent a misuse of the code to report this code with other procedures (e.g., CPT code 28292 for Keller, McBride, or Mayo type procedure) when the only service provided was injection of local anesthesia in order to accomplish the latter procedure.â€ť
This is from the top of page 35. Obviously the only way to defend use of the code would be to have a description of what was done, not just the description of the code itself even though they don't actually say that.
Hope this is somewhat helpful,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join