Usually, lysis of adhesions would be bundled into the main procedure. Depending upon the documentation (did the surgeon spend excessive time lysing adhesion before he could get to the small bowel?) you may be able to add modifier 22 to the main procedure and adjust your fee (higher) to compensate for the additional work involved. But the circumstances need to be documented within the OP note. Some insurances may pay for the additional effort involved.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join