AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Jones Application

Default Jones Application

AAPC: Back to School
    I need a suggestion for coding of the supplies for a Jones application? Any ideas?

San Antonio, Tx

What supplies are you referring to? If "fixations" devices are used, they are part of the procedure. Can you be more specific?
    Ray Galvez CPC

Thanks for replying. I have a physician that specifically applies a "Jones Dressing". It is a type of splint, but he was wanting to bill seperately for the supplies. It sounds like it is a lot of supplies. I think I need to just bill the supply code 99070 and try to calculate the cost of the supplies. What is your thought?

San Antonio, Tx

A splint is a type of "fixation". It is part of the procedure. It would fall under the "application of casts and strapping" rules in the CPT book under the musculoskeletal system section. Is he performing procedure 28760? If he is and you have the Orthopaedics Coder Companion, read the Explanation and I think it will help.
    Ray Galvez CPC

Similar Threads

1. jones dressing/splint
    By abevan in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 06:58 AM
  2. splint application help
    By ggparker14 in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 06:10 AM
  3. Application of Splint in ED.
    By CHEFFNER in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 08:49 PM
  4. Jones Wrap - To code or not to code???
    By mcreed in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 11:40 AM