Patient comes in for a routine exam (Pap and review of mammo and bone density) several labs are done as well as the doc reviewed 13 Rx's that the patient is on. Patient has hypothyroidsim and the TSH level was fine showing that the Rx is working correctly.
I coded this as 99396 with dx of routine exam and 99211-25 for the hypothyroid E/M services.
The NCCI edits don't prohibit these codes being billed together but an auditor thinks that the 99211-25 is not billable.
What do you think out there in coding land?
Thanks for your input!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join