We have the same policy limitations and have found that, even on appeal with records, we get no more than the maximum listed in the policy. In fact, we've even had our carrier deny the entire claim, not just the extra level that they don't want to pay for. We were able to send a corrected claim and have it reprocessed but then you need to send notes, etc.
We've advised our docs of this and they are trying to keep just to what is allowed by the policy to avoid any denials and reviews.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join