Extrapleural lobectomy

Default Extrapleural lobectomy
    Exam Training Packages
    Does anyone know what the correct code for an extrapleural lobectomy would be? I hesistate to use the 32445 code with a 52 modifier. My other thought would be to code 32480 with a 22 modifier. Any ideas??

2. Default
    I saw your question on Saturday and I logged on just now hoping someone gave you an answer. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you either. I believe I've billed 32480-22 for this in the past. As long as the note is clear that the procedure was more work, which it should if the surgeon removed the pleura as well, then I would think you'd be ok.

Good luck!

Lisi, CPC

Quote Originally Posted by lisigirl View Post
    I saw your question on Saturday and I logged on just now hoping someone gave you an answer. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you either. I believe I've billed 32480-22 for this in the past. As long as the note is clear that the procedure was more work, which it should if the surgeon removed the pleura as well, then I would think you'd be ok.

Good luck!

Lisi, CPC
    Thanks Lisi-sometimes working at a University can be trying!!

Similar Threads

1. VATS and lobectomy
    By Misty Dawn in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 11:35 PM
  2. Help with Open Lobectomy
    By emoates in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
  3. Right Upper Lobectomy
    By g.archambeau in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 1