Trying to code removal of a heterotopic ossification on the greater trochanter. I'm planning on using 726.91 for a dx but unsure what CPT to use. Would this fall under an unspecified code(such as 27299) or is there a specific code for this? The descriptions for the other osteotomy codes don't seem to describe what was done, which was simply dissection down to the greater trochanter and excision of the heterotopic spike with an osteotome.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join