According to MLN SE0920 that came out Sept 03, 2009 they have created a new code that goes into effect on and after Sept. 01, 2009. The code is
G9141---Influenza A (H1N1) immunization administration (includes the physician counseling the patent/family) and G9142---Influenza A (H1N1) vaccine, any route of administration. The article states that they will pay for the G9141 at the same rate established for G0008. Also the H1N1 vaccine will be made available at no cost to providers. So Medicare will not pay for the vaccine and the G9142 does not need to appear on the claim.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join