Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

H1N1 Vaccine

Default H1N1 Vaccine
    Medical Coding Books
    If the H1N1 vaccine comes out, does anyone have any idea what CPT code we would use for it? Would we just use the regular CPT code for the influenza vaccine? I know that CPT can create a new code for it, but that won't be released until January, and if the vaccine is released, most places start vaccinating in October. Any ideas?
    Dawson Ballard, Jr., CPC, CEMC, CPMA, CCS-P, CPC-P, CRHC, AAPC Fellow
    Coder

2. Default H1N1 Vaccine
    I am trying to find answers also. From the article I found from the AMA - the general pandemic code 90663 would be used at this time but I am not 100% sure and if that is what we use. Has anyone found a V code to use along with it. Do we use the current V code for the flu? I know that we have ICD-9 codes for patients that have the H1N1 flu, but what if we are giving the vaccine?

Default H1N1 Vaccine Coding
    Has anyone found any information on the H1N1 vaccine code(s)? I have the diagnosis codes but need the procedure codes to check reimbursement. Please help!!

Jenn

4. Default
    The information that I have found so far directs you to use cpt 90663 and dx 488.1 along with the usual administration cpt.

Good luck!

5. Default
    I found information from Novel that states we should use CPT 90663 with V-Code V04.81 the 488 is only for positive tests.

6. Default H1N1 Vaccine
    I found this information in the latest issue of Coding Edge: the CPT code will be 488.1 and will take effect October 1st

Quote Originally Posted by rkremer View Post
    I found this information in the latest issue of Coding Edge: the CPT code will be 488.1 and will take effect October 1st
    Do you mean the Dx code will be 488.1?

I just received this info today...here's the link:
    http://www.cms.hhs.gov/Emergency/10_PandemicFlu.asp
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

9. Default
    Oops. Yes, the diagnoses code! Sorry, it was a long day

Go to the website that Lisa Curtis suggested. It has all of the info that you need about all questions (ie, two part injections, administration fee, etc.). It is very informative. Thanks Lisa!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast