62225=The physician replaces or flushes water through a tube which drains cerebrospinal fluid from a ventricle of the brain to somewhere else on the body.
62230=The physician replaces or revises any part of a system of shunts, valves, and tubes that drain cerebrospinal fluid from the brain to another location in the body. The shunt system is reconnected and tested.
It sounds like 62230 was performed but it's difficult to know without additional documentation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join