Volume 3 ICD-9 is used only for the inpatient facility. Outpatient uses CPT for the procedures. You will need to know a little about revenue centers and their relationship to CPT codes, also it would not hurt to know about the G0 condition code and multiple visits on the same day in the same revenue center. Also Even thought the outpatient clinic uses the same visit level codes as the physician they do not use 95/97 criteria. Each facility is to have their own unique criteria to determine the visit level. Other than that you should be fine.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join