I am not aware of any written guideline giving exactly this many days or something like that. The rule is that it should be done within a reasonable timeframe, as soon as possible after the encounter. It is acceptable if the requesting provider receives a CC of the documentation as done for the chart.
This is not much. Hopefully there's someone who has a better answer - if there is something in writing on this topic, I'd like to know, too.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join