If it is stated as a tumor then you code it as neoplasm unspecified. Because the morphology has yet to be determined by further study. The neoplasm unspecified is a working dx and is used then until the definitive dx is returned by pathology. Neoplasm of uncertain behavior is a morphologic dx that has been determined by pathology, so that does not fit your scenario. Go to the 239 category.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join