I think your friend is very confused!
First, all the information she needs is in pages 1-8 of the AMA CPT, "Determine the Extent of History Obtained" is on page 7. There are no "three elements" pertaining to history.
BUT, there are tree elements to determining the level of E/M service.
For a New Patient all three elements must be met, no excuses, no way around. If one of the three elements is lower than the other two the lower must be used. For an Established Patient only two of the criteria need to be met.
Remember that all required aspects of a CPT code MUST BE MET OR EXCEEDED in order to apply that code.
All she has to do is read the CPT.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join