The Certified Coding Specialist is a credential that verifies you are capable of doing hospital inpatient and outpatient coding. This is a very intense exam and requires additional knowledge on coding inpatient scenarios, DRG assignment, using volume 3 of ICD-9, etc. It is a completely different animal. The CPC is a certification geared towards outpatient - physician coding. The CPC is equal the AHIMA's CCS-P. It's recommended you have three years of experience in hospital coding, before taking the CCS exam. For more education go to www.ahima.org/certifications
These are online courses and boot camps that will help you learn how to do inpatient coding. Get your feet wet with physician coding first.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join