What is your job?
If they are using you as a data entry clerk then I see no ethical issue at all. Unless you know they are billing for things that aren't done, then it wouldn't matter if you were a coder or not, it would be unethical for anyone to allow that to go on.
On the other hand if they are saying everything is checked and verified by a CPC before it is billed for compliance reasons, then that would be a huge issue in my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join